Peace Journalist: Seeking Submissions for April edition

The Peace Journalist, a semi-annual magazine produced by the Center for Global Peace Journalism at Park University, is seeking submissions for its April edition.

Submissions should be 600-1600 words, and address peace journalism/peace media research and projects. Please also submit photos, if possible. We do not run articles about general peace projects or processes unless they have a strong media component/angle

About 60% of this edition will be dedicated to special reports on climate change and peace journalism. If you have articles on this topic (research, trainings, examples of, etc.), now would be the time to submit. The remaining 40% of the edition will have the usual articles about other general PJ related topics.

The deadline for submissions is March 1. The magazine usually fills up quickly (especially so this time with the climate change/PJ stories), so the sooner you can get your pieces in, the better. Please submit to steve.youngblood@park.edu

The previous edition of The Peace Journalist can be found at https://www.park.edu/wp-content/uploads/2022/10/peace-journalist-oct-2022.pdf .

Thank you, 

Steven Youngblood
Editor, The Peace Journalist magazine
Director, Center for Global Peace Journalism
Assoc. Professor, Communications and Peace Studies
Park University, Parkville, Missouri  USA
www.park.edu/peacecenter
@PeaceJourn 

Advertisement

Published by David J. Smith

I am a career coach, consultant, and head of a not for profit - the Forage Center - that offers humanitarian education training. I also teach at George Mason University and Drexel University. A one time lawyer, I spent many years teaching in a community college where I was a Fulbright U.S. Scholar teaching in Estonia. I'm the author of Peace Jobs: A Student's Guide to Starting a Career Working for Peace (IAP 2016). I've been married to my best friend for over 31 years and we have two well adjusted adult children who teach me something new everyday. I live in Rockville, Maryland.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: