The Forage Center for Peacebuilding and Humanitarian Education, Inc. is partnering with La Roche College in Pittsburgh, PA to hold a Global Development and Humanitarian Aid Training Program May 21-25, 2018 at the college’s campus in Pittsburgh, PA.
The Forage Center, a 501c3 not for profit, offers training to educational and professional groups on humanitarian and peacebuilding practices. It will be holding its March 2018 Coastal Promise Field Exercise March 15-18, 2018 in Fellsmere, FL.
The program at La Roche College will include:
Investigate and experience:
- U.N. and Geneva Convention legal frameworks guiding assistance and aid groups
- Climate change emergency responses
- Technology of emergency aid with smartphones and drones
- Collaborative work and creative problem solving under stressful conditions
- Ensuring safety and security under conditions of pressure and change
- Exploring the local and global connection to this growing field
- Preparing for a career in humanitarian aid
Unique 24-hour simulation:
The program offers an immersive simulation experience meant to mimic a real-life global humanitarian aid situation for a full 24 hours. Organized in partnership with the Forage Center for Peacebuilding and Humanitarian Education, Inc., local volunteers will represent key players of a fictional country in crisis, and participants, playing the role of aid workers, must work together in facilitating a response.
For more information including necessary qualifications and how to register click here or below.